Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Blueberry Kind of Day

Last July my in-laws bought a cozy cabin near Hayward, Wi. It's a great spot and one that we hope to get to know quite well over the years.

Here are some photos from a peaceful late-June morning on Blueberry Lake:

Looking east, around 6:15 a.m., nearly an hour after sun-up...

The pier at rest, long before the kids set up camp for the day...

The cabin in the early morning sunshine...

Mom and daughter, covering "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..."

An afternoon and a magical moment to cherish...

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Larry,
    Ah, brings back a lot of memories of long lazy summer days I spent in Luck, Wisconsin at our old family cabin, or Sugar Camp lake where our neighbors has a lovely old cottage. My friend and I would be up early at either place, out on the lake chasing bass, northern and walleye, or strike a hot spot where we could round up a feed of panfish in a few minutes. Just care free days. Enjoy brother!
    Cheers,
    Robb

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of place. I always dreamed of catching a muskie the size of the one outside the Hall of Fame. Well maybe not....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robb,

    A great spot they have here. Deep in the woods, almost three acres, and lazy lake. The fishing for bass and panfish is very good, although if we want to hook into the game fish we need to head to the Chippewa Flowage...about 10 minutes away.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. TB,

    My in-laws have a couple of bird feeders and some suet just off the deck. Lots of birdwatching goes on here.

    It will be fun to learn from my mother-in-law about what is flying around.

    lph

    ReplyDelete