Monday, July 13, 2009

A Pileated Performance

Traveling to Minneapolis to see some friends last week, I decided to stop by the cabin for one night on the way. Although the detour added an extra 2.5 hours to the trip I didn't hesitate to make the drive.

On Friday morning I decided upon a kayak trip instead of a hike. I believe I made the right choice.

Although I wasn't feeling great motivation to fish, I still grabbed a fishing rod and hopped into the kayak. Force of habit I suppose. After only a couple of casts I was distracted by the distinct hammer of a woodpecker.

I put aside the rod and silently paddled to the shore. Even though I did not capture a good photo with my camera, I was fortunate to get the following video:



And then I paddled away, leaving him to his work, and me to my fishing.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Larry,
    How does that ol' saying go "Time fishing is never time wasted" or something along those lines. So even fishing when it the act of fishing is just a pretence for a journey on the water is a good thing. And great results.
    That extra 2.5 hours was well worth it, and only a few more Jayhawks cd's to listen to get in the mood.
    Cheers,
    Robb

    ReplyDelete